Countertop ovens can be highly useful solutions for baking without any of the heaviness and inconvenience of built-in ovens. Countertop ovens can not only be easier to bake in but can also be pretty light, allowing you to place them anywhere you want in your kitchen.
They can further be much more convenient to clean and maintain.
If you have been considering the idea of buying a countertop oven for baking, you might be confused about where to start. This is where we come in!
Through this guide, we have compiled and reviewed some of the best countertop ovens for baking that you can then make an informed decision about. Let’s get started!
Best Countertop Oven for Baking
You can go through three of the best countertop ovens for baking and their features along with what we like and don’t like about them below.
Best Overall—Breville BOV670BSS Smart Oven
The Breville Smart Oven is made from stainless steel. It comes with four quartz elements that can allow it to spread the heat in an even and efficient manner throughout the oven. This is a result of its Element IQ technology.
This oven further operates on a convection system, allowing the fan inside the oven to spread the heat properly to ensure that the baking process can take place quickly and thoroughly.
Through this oven, you can gain access to as many as eight functions or settings that you can make use of during different baking requirements. These settings include Bake, Toast, Bagel, Roast, Broil, Pizza, Cookies and Reheat.
With a power capacity of 1800 watts and a voltage of 110-120 volts, this oven can be quite versatile and large in terms of its internal capacity.
It is additionally easy to clean and maintain since its inner walls come with a non-stick coating. This oven also comes with an enamel baking pan and an enamel broiling rack.
● Dimensions: 17” x 16” x 10”
● Color: Brushed stainless steel
● Material: Stainless steel
● Functions: 8
● Power: 1800 watts
● Due to its smart Element IQ technology, the heating and baking process is a lot more thorough and efficient.
● There are eight different settings for you to choose from, giving you versatility.
● It comes with a backlit LCD screen that can tell you the accurate time, temperature, starting time and finishing times.
● The in-built fan along with the non-stick walls make it easier to maintain this countertop oven.
● It comes with a one-year limited warranty period in case you need to access any repairs or replacements in case of any issue.
● The racks can sometimes tip over while removing them.
Best Multipurpose—Instant Vortex Pro 10 Quart Oven
This oven is the best multipurpose oven since it can perform nine functions, all within a single unit. This can, therefore, replace the need for keeping nine different appliances in your kitchen.
These nine functions include air frying, baking, broiling, dehydrating, roasting, proofing, reheating, toasting and rotisserie. To support these functions, this oven comes with accessories such as an air fry basket, rotisserie lift, rotisserie spit, forks, drip trays and perforated pans.
This oven holds a capacity of 10 quarts, allowing you to make good use of two trays at once to bake or cook your food.
The top of this oven has a touchscreen and backlit display that can allow you to select your functions and view the relevant settings on your oven. It also has an overheat protection element that can prevent any accidents or damage to your oven as well as to you.
Its One-Step Even-Crisp technology further lets you experience the essence of deep-frying without using as much oil.
● Dimensions: 13.75” x 14.37” x 13.23”
● Color: Stainless steel, black
● Material: Stainless steel
● Functions: 9
● Power: 1500 watts
● You can make use of nine different functions or settings through this countertop oven, making it versatile while also saving space.
● It includes a touchscreen display that you can touch once to get to your desired settings, making it convenient and simple to use.
● You can rely on its technology to give you delicious food without using too much oil as you usually would.
● You can adjust the temperatures according to your requirements without waiting too long for the oven to preheat.
● It comes with all the relevant accessories so that you do not need to buy anything extra.
● The glass door can add quite a bit of weight to the entire structure.
Best Budget—Hamilton Beach 31190C Digital Display Countertop Oven
This Hamilton Beach oven can be a convenient as well as an affordable option that you can consider buying. It has a large 6-slice capacity as well as six different cooking options that you can keep toggling between based on your requirements.
These settings include convection, toast, bake, broil, pizza and rotisserie, allowing you to minimize the number of appliances that you have in the kitchen.
Due to its convection, you can effectively rely on this oven to cook and bake your food or meals in an even and thorough manner. Further, its capacity of three racks can allow you to bake multiple meals at once.
There are sufficient timers and auto-shutoff or stay-on settings that can allow you to have an overall hands-off experience while baking or cooking in this oven. This can also prevent any accidents or damages from occurring too often.
To support the six different functions, this countertop oven also comes with all of its relevant accessories to make the baking process easier for you.
● Dimensions: 11.97” x 18.82” x 14.92”
● Color: Stainless steel
● Material: Stainless steel
● Functions: 6
● Power: 1500 watts
● You can access six different functions along with their accessories, making this oven versatile.
● This oven is affordable while also giving you access to multiple functions that all work efficiently.
● It has timers and settings to keep your oven and food protected from overheating or burning. This can keep you safe as well.
● It has a digital LCD screen where you can read your current settings as well as the time and temperature.
● You can place three racks inside this oven at once to ensure quick and even cooking or baking.
● It does not fit standard casserole dishes or pizza pans.
What to Look For in a Countertop Oven for Baking
You have now seen some of the best countertop ovens for baking. Before you buy one, however, you should take into account several factors that can make your decision clearer.
Functions and Capability
How many functions does your countertop oven have? For this, you should look at what this oven can allow you to do apart from just baking. These can include broiling, rotisserie, air frying, toasting, making pizza and a lot more.
If you have a good number of functions and capabilities, you can end up saving plenty of space in your kitchen by replacing a few accessories.
You should also check the timer and temperature settings of the oven along with their protections that can prevent your oven from too much damage in the event of an accident.
When it comes to the design of your countertop oven, make sure you take its size and shape into account so that you can understand how exactly it will fit inside your kitchen. If relevant, you can also look at the color to ensure that it matches with the rest of your kitchen.
Another element when it comes to the design is the display on the countertop oven. Ideally, the display should be backlit, sleek as well as functional while also displaying the time and temperature while the oven is in use.
The power rating of your countertop oven is essential to take into account before you make a decision. This is important because the rating can help you understand how much power your oven consumes.
Too much power can end up wasting energy. This can not only harm the environment but can also significantly add to your energy bills.
Usually, countertop ovens tend to have a power rating between 1100 watts and 1900 watts, including the ones mentioned here.
The capacity of your oven relates to its size but, in this case, you should consider the internal capacity of your countertop oven. For instance, how many racks can your oven support? Does it have technology in place to ensure even cooking on all the racks?
Many ovens have fans and convection systems in place that can make the baking and cooking process more effective. You should also look into the sizes of the pans that this oven can support apart from the accessories that already come with it.
Through this detailed product review and buying guide, we have taken you through three of the best countertop ovens for baking that you can now pick from depending on your requirements and budget.
Do take a look at the warranty policies of each of these ovens as well so that you can make the best possible decision while also having easy access to repairs and replacements. Happy baking!
You might also enjoy: