Ranch is one of the most used dressing all around the world. There is no exception surrounding the devotion for ranch sauce, but it’s most famous in Midwest and Chicago.
This creamy white dressing is not just used to enrich the flavor of vegetables (such as kale, salad, cucumbers etc.) and salads but also used as a dipping sauce for pizza, wings, and chips. Apart from this, ranch is also famously used as a topping for nachos and to marinate meat.
It has a rich, creamy taste and a mild sour taste. The base of ranch sauce is mild-sour because of the sour cream used in it. The taste is a perfect reflection of all the ingredients used to make the sauce.
What is Ranch
Ranch is commonly known as Ranch dressing. It is a dressing made of buttermilk, salt, onions, herbs, parsley, and other spices like Black pepper, paprika, and mustard seeds. All the ingredients are mixed with mayonnaise and other emulsion oils like olive oil.
Ranch was first introduced by Steve Henson, who worked as a plumbing contractor. He used to serve Ranch sauce to people at his work. Ranch was also used as a dressing shipped to food services such as NPD, a global information company. The five best Ranch dressings are as follows:
- Ken’s Steakhouse Ranch Dressing: It is a perfect dressing with a not-so-overbearing amount of virgin olive oil.
- Hidden Valley Original Ranch Sauce: It is a thick and creamy dressing.
- Brianna’s Homestyle Classic Buttermilk Ranch: This Ranch dressing has a mustard-like flavor perfect for dipping.
- Marzetti Classic Ranch Dressing: Marzetti Ranch dressing is a creamy and affordable dressing.
- Wish-Bone Ranch Dressing: Wish-Bone Ranch has a balanced taste of mayo, garlic, and salt.
How to store ranch
Store Ranch dressing in a sealed container and refrigerate it. Buttermilk Ranch dressing can last for up to 2 weeks. One way to keep it fresh is to not dip anything directly in the container.
Instead, take out the desired amount and close the lid of the container tightly. This will help you keep the bacteria away. If you have a homemade Ranch sauce, use it within 3 to 4 days and always keep it in the refrigerator after using it.
How do you know if ranch has gone bad
The best way of checking if the ranch sauce has gone bad is to smell it. If there’s an unpleasant odor, you should not use it.
Another way is to check if there are any molds on the surface of the ranch. If you see specks of blue, then throw the ranch away immediately.
Keep ranch at room temperature because it has some ingredients that don’t work well with the heat. If you are using a bottled Ranch, consume it before the expiry date.
Dishes with Ranch
Dishes that you can try with ranch are:
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Corn: Grill corn with Ranch butter and top it with cheese.
- Grilled Ranch Potatoes: Grill potatoes and add seasoning of your own choice. Serve the grilled potatoes with Ranch sauce.
- Ranch Chicken and potato casseroles: Smash boil potatoes and add shredded chicken. Now, take another pan and add milk, salt, pepper, ranch, and boil it. Continue cooking it for 5 minutes. After that, fold potatoes with chicken and cheese. Transfer it to the casserole dish and bake it for 10 to 15 minutes.
You might also enjoy: